Thursday, January 8, 2009
I sent kids to school today!
This is the view out my office window when I am standing.
This is what I can see when I am sitting at my desk. Nice insulators?
Fortunately the sun is peeking through today and temperatures have been in the forties yesterday and today. The plow came again yesterday morning around 4:00. I was planning on leaving for swim class at 5:00. I did my warm up round with the shovel first, for the third time in as many weeks. Then I drove to the community college, which was open yesterday, for my swim class. Today we can see our roads, everything is dripping and melting, and soon we will be ready for the next round of snow. I am thrilled that the kids are back in school after five extra days off. Now Mario is all mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OOOOO Heat wave. Our 40s didn't last long and now we are cold again. Cold and rainy. There is frost on the ground this morning.
OH MY! I've lived in Texas all my life and cannot EVEN imagine that much snow! I'm so thoroughly impressed that you got out in it. WOW!
Kmoo: The heat wave lasted two days here, and we are back to cold. It was snowing on the ski hill today and raining at home.
DT: It is a basement window, but yes there is a lot of snow. The bottom of the window is about 6 inches off the ground. Officially we have received over 70 inches, most of it in the last three weeks. When snow sits around for a while, it compacts, so the standing depth in the yard was around 3 feet before it started melting on Tuesday.
Post a Comment