Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Random January thoughts

I doubt I posted this last summer, because I never really did post many of my pictures from the trip south last July, then again, it may look familiar to some of you. My brother blames it on age. My sister thinks kids suck your brains out. One way or another, they have wandered off. For my oldest nephew, this is what you do with chopsticks when your teeth have gaps. Somewhere I have pictures of the tongue hanging out in the gaps as well, just like his cousin.I stopped by the local haircut store today where they were having a sale. After I gave them my name and they gave me 25 minutes to cool my heels, I wandered over to a large chain bookstore next door. They had some sale items in the entryway between the inside and outside doors. It keeps the books cool, but not cold I think. These items were marked down, and they were part of a buy one, get one deal. I am not sure whose idea it was. The drums seem to be more popular. I would prefer to imagine sending both of these to the same family, one for the parent, one for the child.
Last month, when I was out for a walk, I found this sidewalk. Really, it is a sidewalk. I can see the tops of the cars off to the left. I was thankful not to be walking on the street.
If the snow is deep enough by the trail, she does not need to bend down to smell all the good stuff. We have been promised a couple more inches of the white stuff, but it has not condescended to visit us yet. That is fine, we still have plenty on the lawn and everywhere else.
Another shot from last summer, out the back window between the bike and the rack. He managed to put the mountain between the defroster lines as well. Not bad for twisting around in the back seat at 60MPH.

2 comments:

Papa Bradstein said...

His aunt would be proud of him...for the chopsticks mostly, but that shot of the mountain's not bad either. Barky is curled up next to me on the couch, jealous of his cousin's piles of fluffy snow and hoping to avoid my dragging him out onto the ice this morning.

Kangamoo said...

Now I see what you are saying about the chopsticks. I think I remember that picture but it was not coming into my head when you said it. Thanks for refreshing my memory card.