Today the radio suggested that the usual snowfall total to date is 16 inches for the season. As of this morning we were over 70 inches. I am happy I can still navigate my driveway and my street. I am also happy that some stores are still open. They are the ones with the foresight to shovel out their flat roofs before others started collapsing. I ordered something for store pickup for my boy this morning, only to find the store closed due to snow removal from the roof. I stopped by an open grocery store to refill the pantry while we were out.
This afternoon, I stepped into my skis to travel more lightly on the snow. It seems this signal only offers pedestrian crossing privileges to mice and squirrels.

My first stop was liquid water. I have always said I prefer my water wet, and this is the closest place to home to find it. They were closed yesterday, as was the school I usually frequent for swimming laps.

I think they need a taller sign.

My next stop was the county library to return a book.

My son has had his eye on a particular game for the new game machine. This store's website said they had one this morning, but the store was closed. When I returned, long after the promised opening, they were still shut. This time there was a gas leak. I was not too concerned, as all the employees were out front smoking when I skied up. I figure they were just testing the air for me.
When they opened, shortly after I arrived, they had the game, but not the desired accessory to make play fun for a second player.

I meandered down the strip mall to this joint in pursuit of the item. They were lacking the item as well. He said something about supply trucks having a difficult time getting to the store. I did locate another game that had a different steering wheel in it and did not cost too much more than the spare wheel. My boy is now racing up in front of the telly. He may let the rest of us play soon too.

Really, I like to sit out here and keep an eye on the yard. Occasionally, I turn around and check to see if you are still there too.

The latest news from the school district is that I am keeping my children home again tomorrow. Will Christmas Vacation ever end?
4 comments:
After reading your email with the weather report, I would just like to say that your entire city has gone to great measure lowering all their signs and signals into the ground so even short kids can push the buttons. On my picture frame I am enjoying the summer and sunny sunshine. Do you need me to send you some pictures so you will know what the sunshine feels like. You can turn a space heater on your feet to warm you up like a summer day.
I'm seeing my picture frame gift as less of a gift and more of a taunt, but probably not as much as the two of you are.
We had a weekend like that years back, and I had a great time skiing around the neighborhood, watching people dig out their cars.
Kmoo: Thank you for the happy thought. I think I have similar pictures here to look at when I am done playing Mario Kart.
Papa: You had a weekend? We are into our third week.
HI! I popped over from Papa Bear's. I'm the lady who commented about the bathroom viewing habits of most kids. LOL!
I'm still in shock over all that snow. I love the pic of the dog, though. To me he's looking at you saying, do you reeeally expect me to go pee in that? LOL!
TTFN
Post a Comment