Friday, December 26, 2008

What I meant to say was . . .

Twas the night before Christmas and everyone was blogging. This video would not upload, so it comes to you in time for the post Christmas shopping rush. I have only received four email messages from folks in a hurry for me to go out in the snow and spend money today. Well, two of them wanted me to shop online, but the idea is the same. I do not remember being bombarded with ads in the email last year.

I started my Christmas Eve on skis with my son. We took the trail through the forest, and it was not until we reached the city streets on the other side that he remembered the hill we needed to climb on the way home. It is not the steepness that is an issue, as much as the traffic. We managed to ski home safely.In the evening, we attended a service at church. They have some impressive icicles.Child in picture for scale.

At home again, we found more snow falling and a dog with more white to her fur than usual.

3 comments:

Kangamoo said...

We are in a "melting" cycle here... which means it is just ugly and nasty out there on the roads. The main arterials are pretty clear, but getting to them is hairy. Every once in a while you will find thick ice on an arterial, so slow is still the speed around here.

Good luck when you get to spring.

Papa Bradstein said...

I thought Santa's helpers had antlers, but it turns out they have horns...and nice sounding ones too. Thanks for sharing that...it's nice to see y'all.

CaliforniaGirl said...

KM: We had a 1 day melting cycle, then it all froze and snowed another foot.

Papa: Each member of the band could play a solo or ensemble or both. My boy chose both. Let me know when your rock star needs lessons.