Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Today is merely partly cloudy

I sense a bit of frustration on the part of the local weather folk. This is our short term forecast for today:

LITTLE SNOW ACCUMULATION...ON THE ORDER OF ONE HALF INCH OR LESS IS EXPECTED BY THE END OF THE DAY AS VERY LIGHT SNOW UNASSOCIATED WITH ANY MAJOR STORM SYSTEM FALLS OVER LOCATIONS SUCH MOSES LAKE ... SPOKANE ...COEUR D`ALENE ...PULLMAN ...TO AS FAR SOUTH AS LEWISTON. THIS SNOW HAS BEEN STUBBORN TO END AND MAY LINGER AROUND FOR A GOOD PORTION OF TODAY BEFORE ENDING SOMETIME TONIGHT.

Yesterday, they kept suggesting that the snow would stop at a particular hour. 8 inches later, it stopped falling sometime in the afternoon. Today we are having "chance flurries" I am still looking for the spinning candy parts amid the ice cream out there. I am sure the writer's English teacher would show great trauma over the personification of the snow. What is wrong with snow that refuses to associate with a storm system? This is individualistic snow.

Whatever the weather, one must keep an eye on the squirrels. The steam is the exhaust from our furnace, which is doing a fine job of keeping us warm.
This is what fell this morning.
It is difficult for the camera to focus on something that light, so here is the sleeve of my jacket.
More on the mailbox.
I skied around the neighborhood again this morning with Shadow. She loves to get out, and I am enjoying sliding around on purpose, instead of by accident.

1 comment:

Kangamoo said...

We stopped getting snow and now I am waiting for more to come tonight. I sent you pictures of our ruler and our snow. The picture with my husband's car in the driveway, it was parked around 6:00 Saturday night. It had been slowly snowing since 11 that morning. We were supposed to go somewhere early in the morning on Sunday... if we could get the car out. Good thing we stayed close to home.