This is what a real snow day looks like. I shoveled last night, finishing around 11:00 and it was still snowing. There was no snow on the trash can, and it is under a tree, so less snow falls there than in other places.
School was cancelled today on account of too much white stuff on the ground. The kids only have one more day before vacation, and I doubt the busses will be able to run tomorrow either. It looks like we will have a couple of days to make up in June. I hope the plows make it out by January 5 when the kids are supposed to return to school.
The real sadness was the cancellation of the elementary Christmas concert which was planned for tonight.

The car received the full effects of the snow.

Shoveling wears out a little boy. He has fallen down and he can't get up.

When the trees let go, it is hard to see.

In actuality, he is just on the back deck.

I hope we do not have any fires in the neighborhood. This was once a full size hydrant.

Everyone has a special hat, even the berries on the ash trees.

I think it is time for some real snowmen, not those inflatable kind that keep sinking deeper. The recycle bin is for forming snow blocks to make a fort. I knew we kept those around for something.

My niece thinks they have a lot of snow. This ruler is measuring 5.5 inches. They are not shoveling today like we are.

Even Santa seems to be knee deep in the white stuff.
1 comment:
We will have 3 days to make up in June. They cancelled school in Seattle on Wednesday (along with the rest of us) and then Seattle got no snow. Yeah Winter break has now begun.
I thought he was the one who liked to goop no. How could he tucker out so soon? I was thinking of him last night as I shoveled my driveway, hoping to get the car out and about today.
I did go out driving, first to donate blood, then to shop. I figured if I had been a good samaritan no one would hit my car and I would not slide off the road. It worked. Actually 3 of us rolled up our sleeves, all female, one for the first time.
The mall on the other hand was amazing. Lines and lines of peole in cars, sitting on ice, going nowhere. I assume they all made it home eventually. I went out the back way and although there was a long line of cars, we were moving at a creeping pace the entire way. Just my speed. I grew up in CA and I don't drive in the snow or the ice.
Post a Comment