I have been caught up in poetry of late, and I forget to share with you by prose as well. Most of my internet time the last few days has been following the Angora Fire which has devastated forests and homes just south of South Lake Tahoe, and threatens that resort and gambling community even as I type. It is a couple of hours driving time from here, so we are not personally threatened by the flames, but it hits near home nonetheless.
A fire burned near here Saturday, the Angora fire started Sunday. If it had been the other way around, the fire here would still be burning too, because we would have been a lower priority for the planes and helicopters which dropped water and fire retardant and put out the flames. I look at the pictures and I can see my house and forest in them. One of the chimneys looked just like ours. It could be here, but it is not. My heart goes out to the families who have lost their homes or are evacuated and do not know. I am forever grateful to the firefighters who sacrifice so much to protect us all. There but for the grace of God we go.
The other occupation of the week has been negotiations over an offer we received on our house which has been on the market for over a year. We received an offer which we countered with a few terms. Today we received the acceptance from our agent. The next month was going to be a busy one. Now it is going to be more so. We are still working on scheduling a visit to our selected destination to secure a place to move in to. We should be making the big move in early August.
1 comment:
Very exciting! I think we all look forward to more news. Lucky thing the house didn't burn, or it would have been harder to sell.
--MrJ
Post a Comment