Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tri, Tri Again

Should I put some words in here too? Here is my loyal ride, waiting for me to come back dripping wet and hop on. My niece pointed out that I forgot my balloon to mark my place.
Somewhere down there is the lake. We ran up this hill from the swim to the ride.
Oh, look water. Too bad there is no blue sky and sunshine over it. It could be worse, it could be raining, like the last time I did one of these.
I thought of my nephew when I saw this one. He was coming to a sporting event, so he brought his gear. His mother (in the gray sweats) was doing her first triathlon. I also thought of Charlie Brown and his sister Sally on the Christmas special. That nice dog appearantly sat in a car while the man at the other end of the rope did his triathlon. I left my dog and my hockey stick home.
That water is not getting any warmer, in fact the waves are picking up and getting ready to fly in the face of the swimmers on the first leg.
Note the various stages of readiness to enter the water. Some folks even thought to bring a wetsuit, although I heard they did not help much. For some reason I do not have any pictures of the swim. Next time I should bring a waterproof camera. My two best fans arrived after I was off on my bike.
Another ride, another tunnel.
There seems to be a theme to my rides lately, tunnels and bridges.
I am trying to get up to the speed limit. The restricted lane is bikes only today.
At least these tunnels have lights in them.
Another end of the bridge.
Down we go to float on the lake. There were no waves in the water between the bridges. Maybe we should swim there next time.
Don't these people know you can enjoy the scenery better if they walk?
My two biggest fans. It is nice to come around the bend and hear someone calling my name.

Results are at athleteslounge.com, and for the moment, it is the most recent event. You can search by my name to see how I did. The short answer is that it took about an hour and a half, which is what I expected. They seem to think hundredths of a second and places by overall, gender and age group are important too. They also break the whole thing down by how long I spent between each of many trips over their pads that read the chip on my ankle.

4 comments:

Papa Bradstein said...

Yikes, what a lot of bikes. Nice redhead, nice stick. And who are those two ravishing lovelies?

CaliforniaGirl said...

There were about 700 bikes. There were also 700 swimmers, but we did not all start at the same time. It is interesting launching off the beach with 100 of my newest friends. By the time we reached the bikes, we were spread out better.

I have added notes, so you can tell what I was thinking now. It was too tired last night. Results are up now too, although I had seen a printout before I left.

Kangamoo said...

Oh, should I send those pictures to you now? Well the 3 that I got before you passed through my screen?

Papa Bradstein said...

If that boy had been truly prepared, he would have also brought his fiddle.