Sunday, September 21, 2008

Running races

Yesterday was the first race of the season for my son's cross country team. His sister was quick to point out that she has run more races already, but what do you expect from high school. She ran yesterday at another venue and finished very well. I can only be in one place at a time, and she can drive herself. Her father went down on his bike to watch her, but he had a difficult time finding her in the crowd. Sorry, no pictures of that event.
He is racing in yellow again this year, just to the right of the boy in green. This coach did not win any points with the parents as he followed his team around the course yelling what I hope his kids though were encouraging words at them.

Just off the start, they rounded this tree. Some kids could maintain this sprint speed, and others could not.My son played tag with this girl for most of the race, but he passed her before it was over.Sprinting into the finish.Off he goes. He finished 5th over all and second of his teammates. His group, which includes fifth and sixth grade boys, ran a mile.

2 comments:

Kangamoo said...

Wow!! Congratulations to both of your kids. You should let your daughter know it is easier to find her if she is stripping half way through the race. Also if she waves every time she goes by. You would never know I saw the waving each time because none of those episodes showed up in any of my pictures.

CaliforniaGirl said...

Perhaps she did not experience as many temperature changes as I did. We each have our own way of confusing the paparazzi. I am guessing that there were more people around her when she was running. There was definitely a larger fan base.