It is now raining steadily. Earlier we had a proper deluge complete with thunder and lightning. Noah would be pleased. Maybe the sun will come out again tomorrow morning so I can go for a longer ride than the two miles to the Pirate stadium. I did take my Shadow for her requisite evening walk. She seems unable to relieve herself in her own yard, so we meandered around the neighborhood searching for the perfect lawn to decorate. Of course I picked it up.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Let the games begin
Today was the famous Evergreen Olympics, celebrated every four years by my son's school. Note the bright sunshine pouring down on the empty field as we await the arrival of buses full of Olympians representing countries far and near.
Parents wait for the arrival of their favorite athletes.
Kindergartners represent China, complete with a dragon.
Out there with his hood and his flag is my boy, representing Italy. Other than eating lunch with him, this is about all I saw of him all day.
About a third of the athletes.
I played this game with 11 groups of athletes. It is called Fire Drill. There was no fire, there was no water. They were supposed to balance two basketballs on two hockey sticks and carry them around. Some of them were pretty funny to watch. Teamwork was essential, but lots of them thought that was not important. Silly them.
There were running races too, but I was out playing with hockey sticks when my boy was running. In the afternoon, I watched the running while I held the finish tape. I left my camera in my pocket. It was all I could do to keep track of when to let go of the tape, then run and get it back before they started the next race. At the end of the day, these athletes wait for the bus to take them back to school. Note the umbrellas. We do not get them out without reason in this state. I climbed on my bike and made it home before the streets were wet enough to spray water off the tires and really soak me.

It is now raining steadily. Earlier we had a proper deluge complete with thunder and lightning. Noah would be pleased. Maybe the sun will come out again tomorrow morning so I can go for a longer ride than the two miles to the Pirate stadium. I did take my Shadow for her requisite evening walk. She seems unable to relieve herself in her own yard, so we meandered around the neighborhood searching for the perfect lawn to decorate. Of course I picked it up.
It is now raining steadily. Earlier we had a proper deluge complete with thunder and lightning. Noah would be pleased. Maybe the sun will come out again tomorrow morning so I can go for a longer ride than the two miles to the Pirate stadium. I did take my Shadow for her requisite evening walk. She seems unable to relieve herself in her own yard, so we meandered around the neighborhood searching for the perfect lawn to decorate. Of course I picked it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're so nice to pick up Shadow's lawn decorations. You know, you could just put a gnome hat on it and call it a day. People love those little garden gnomes.
Post a Comment