Thursday, December 13, 2007
Whose idea was Monday?
There are some days I could have just skipped, and Monday this week was definitely high on my list. The fresh snow was not too deep, and it added beauty to the world. Unfortunately, it added a lack of perspective to the world as well. It hid the curb at the edge of the road from the eyes of a young driver as she drifted too close.
She realized her mistake and was starting to correct it when something went bang. Most places, if you edge over into the curb, there are no consequences other than looking silly. This particular spot is not most places. She managed to catch the rim on this offset piece of sidewalk over the drain. She made it to school and called to tell me that the tire was losing air, and ask what should she do about it.
I told her to go to class, since it did not present an immediate problem. The car was parked, and I needed time to figure out what to do. I went by to look at it later in the morning and started shopping for a new tire and rim. It is too bad about the tire because it had only been on the car for six weeks. We spent our afternoon picking up the rim, the tire and having them mounted to each other and the car. I am glad it was as simple as that and that nobody was hurt. We had the alignment checked and discovered that it was badly out of alignment, but not because of the curb. That would explain the funny wear on the tires too.
The snow is pretty on the new house, even though it is not as picturesque as the old one. The dog is still just as cute, and she loves the snow.
Ice fog frosts the trees in town if you have time to stop and admire them. Of course, this was a mandatory stop at the signal, but they are still there to look at and shoot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes! Tell my niece to be careful. I want her all in one piece next time I see her. So does 3B, who practices her name and her brother's name, and her mother's name for that matter, when he sees their pictures around the house. Glad that everyone is OK, including the dog.
Post a Comment