Thursday, December 13, 2007
More catchup
Later Saturday evening, my sister and my son and I went to see the new sporting goods store near her house. Her son was invited, but he thought he had better places to go. I am sure he will have a chance to visit another time.
I refuse to name names, but it is really big, and even I recognized the name. I will share some of what we saw.
I was amazed by the collection of dead animals and plants made to look live again on display. The airplane hanging from the ceiling was something else too. My sister purchased something that might make people think about killing animals, but really, the new bow and arrows she gave my son for Christmas are for target shooting, much of which happened the next morning as soon as it was light.
The cousin in the pictures made targets out of small cardboard boxes. My sister complained that she did not want to eat the squirrels they were aiming at for breakfast, until I pointed out that her son was drawing a bead on a former box of candy. Yum, chocolate for breakfast. Light snowfall did not discourage the archers. My sister had funny things to say when I went out in my bare feet to take a few pictures. I did not want to get my socks wet, and my shoes were downstairs. It would take too long to get them, and I might miss something.
After the shooting experience, it was time to make a snow friend.
All the while, I was looking out at the ground and thinking thoughts of the drive home and how fun that might be. These two potential drivers had visions of sugar plums or new clothes or something dancing in their heads, not driving in the snow.
It turned out to be less traumatic than I thought. The road crews had done a good job clearing the west slope of the Cascades, and the east slope was clear.
We faced some fog and low clouds, but those do not have a significant impact on the drive unless the partly cloudy starts falling.
Driving through the center of the state we were under clear skies, although the sun was too low in the sky to call it sunny.
As we approached the Rockies, the snow started to fall once more and we slushed our way home for the last hundred miles or so. The sunset was pretty, even though I had to shoot it out the passenger window.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great pictures! Looks like a very pretty drive home, even if the weather gave you some concerns. Lucky thing you didn't step on any arrowheads in your bare feet.
Post a Comment