Today the promise was rain mixed with snow. The mix would have been nice, but mostly we received a fine drizzle all day. I spent my time inside catching up with stacks of things in my office. I notice what I cleaned up, even if nobody else can see anything missing. I also had a fine chat with my sister about Thanksgiving and graduation and a few other things, which reminds me that if anyone who did not receive my email wants to come to graduation for my first child, it will be June 5, 2009 at the local arena. We would love to have lots of company for the event.
I thought I might put the snow tires back on the car today, but too many other people had the same idea, so I put it off. After being informed of the two hour wait, I asked when there was no waiting, and they suggested 7:00 AM when they open. If it was not raining now, I could move the tires from the shed to the back of the car tonight, but I am not sure I want wet tires in my car all night. I am not sure I want to store wet tires all winter either. Last spring the tires had a funny smell when they went back on the car. Maybe by Monday or Tuesday it will be drier. It is funny how fewer people are out buying snow tires on sunny days.
Winter is on the way, and my kids are looking forward to the snow.
1 comment:
When you say looking forward to the snow, does that mean 1) if it snows they won't have to rake leaves because they will be covered, or 2) they have already raked the leaves. What good kids you have.
Post a Comment