Tuesday, January 15, 2008

More fun skiing

This is where I want to learn to ski. Watch out for the snow snakes though.The kids line up by these animals, I am guessing they do it by height.I do not want to teach the group on the end, though.What I saw when I first arrived at Picnic Point. They said the view was delightful. I begged to differ. Then I cleaned my lens and took another couple of pictures.
They have difficulty rating the trails. On the map, they are green circles (easy) out on the trail, they are blue squares (not so easy). Then there is Huckleberry. Sometimes it is blue and sometimes it is the dreaded black diamond.Then there is the unrated cat track. The downhill skiers think it is easy. I would give it a double black diamond at the end, but I survived.

2 comments:

Papa Bradstein said...

We once XC skied into the top of Mt. Werner at Steamboat, and then had to get down the mountain. Everyone else had tele gear, so they were sweating more than us on the way in, but beat us to the bottom by quite a bit, and were in much better shape when they got there. Mama and I were able to take the cat track most of the way, although we did have to get to it from the top of the mountain, which involved going through some bumps, which was even less fun than the cat track. But, 63 hours later, our friends had food and drink waiting for us at a slopeside table, where we sat and watched the sunset as our thighs seized into knots we have yet to untangle.

CaliforniaGirl said...

I think about the down thing all the way up. I love to ski up hills, I have great scales on my skis. I hardly ever do the herringbone thingy. I fear the ride back down. I do not mind the gentle glide, it is the black diamond pitch that gets me, and puts me back on crutches, unable to drive my car.