We have been experiencing cold weather this week.
Some of you might think it gets cold when the water in the dog bowl freezes. We have past that standard and gone further in the direction of cold this week. One morning, I looked at the thermometer which shows the outside temperature, and I thought, "How nice, 95" I missed the decimal between the 9 and the 5.
I try to walk the dog closer to midday when the thermometer moves toward freezing. The layered look is in these days. Our street is a sheet of solid ice, but there are streets in the neighborhood where the truck with the deicer spray has made it safe for walkers. Shadow loves the smell, taste and feel of the stuff on the street. She wants to roll in it when she can, but I do my best to prevent her. She still remembers her life without a fenced yard, and prefers to do her business on the end of the leash, rather than inside her own yard. We take lots of walks.
The kids are still busy skiing, but I do not have any new pictures today. It was too cold to take my camera out of the pocket this weekend. Maybe I will have more next week. Happy Winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment