Thursday, August 16, 2007

Progress

Life is getting better. We connected our DSL today. Now the rest of the family can use the other computer. Qwest kindly upgraded our modem to a wireless one, so I can sit down here and peck away in peace. Of course, I could use the router which came free the last time I connected to broadband, but the modem works just as well. I even gave it a128 bit encryption password, which I did not feel I needed last time, since the neighbors were farther away. I can see at least 3 other wireless networks from where I sit, so I decided to protect mine.

Yesterday, my son and I took a walk/ride to the end of the next street. It runs out at the edge of a green space mandated by the local high voltage power lines. I guess that is one of the benefits of having a major power generation facility in the middle of the river downtown. Another one is cheap locally produced hydropower. At the end of the street we found a place that he described as AWESOME,and wished he could share it with his friend who he rode bikes with the whole day when we were loading the truck last week. At least he rode bikes for the part of the day when they were not watching Underdog. Here is part what he found and what he did with it.
There seems to be a whole course with jumps and such that someone has created just behind a few houses. We have not seen anyone else using it, but there are plenty of tracks to indicate that it sees use. I did not get any pictures of him catching air, but he certainly did that many times.

1 comment:

mrjumbo said...

I hope you're well stocked with knee pads and tincture of iodine. Looks like fun!