Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Catching my breath

Since I last wandered through here, I have been on the go. Friday saw a visit to Whitworth University with my girl to check the place out. I drive through often, as it is on my way to several places, but we have never really looked at what it would be like as a resident student. It is a fine place, but as she says, it snows too much in this town. Her preference is still southern California.

As soon as we were done with that, it was time to race to the airport to wait for a plane to California for a family get together with the purpose of moving a few more things out of my mother's house. The far flung among us were arriving at as many different airports as possible. Originally the flights were far enough apart that pickup duty would not be an issue. Then one plane ran late, which required massive changes of plans involving planes and cars that might or might not start depending on who had read which email message. In the end it all worked out, and we spend a few days sifting through things together.

I did manage to find time to swim in the old pool while I was there. My brothers took in a bike race in the rain. I took my rain in the pool, where I did not notice it as much.

Flying home was almost as fun, but my plane was the only one that was late, so I spent more time than necessary at the airport. It was after midnight when I finally saw home. Yesterday the kids were back to school, and today I was swimming inside again.

1 comment:

Kangamoo said...

I understand spending more time than necessary in an airport. First we spent the entire morning at SFO and when we were tires of that we moved on to SJO. I think we spent all of Tuesday in an airport and my flight was not until the evening. My son would agree.